Views
Helpful
Replies

Altering VLAN-Konfiguration Controller Management-Interface

keynet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I tried to alter the vlan configuration for the management interface on 4402 controller. The management interface are tagged with the vlan 55.

Now, I d'like to change this vlan 55 definition to a untagged configuration. On the corresponding switchport, I configured the command "sw trunk native vlan 55".

I think with this config the management interface works in the vlan 55 again, but the interface is not reachable after this changes.

Is it possible to do such changes on a working config?

Does anyone know what is wrong with my config?

Regards

Pascal

7 Replies 7

beabrams
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you would need to make the interface on the WLC to be vlan of 0, untagged to match the untagging that your doing on the switchport.

I did the configuration with vlan 0. I think the configuration is correct, but don't work.

regards

Pascal

Verify that it is set to '0' on the wlc and verify that the switchport is native vlan 55 and that vlan 55 is forwarding. Also... I think you have to reboot the wlc after you make changes to the interface. I could be wrong.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The native vlan is already configured to vlan 55. And I already rebooted the wlc but without success. It seems like a softwarebug. The last possiblity is to reset the config.

Do you have other ideas?

regards

Pascal

I know there is a bug on the 5.0 code, which might still be on the 5.1, but I don't have that info. There also was a bug on the 4.1, in which you would have to load the webauth page to the wlc, set the wlc to use the default page and hit apply. Then you would choose to use custom webauth and hit apply and that would fix the issue. You can try that to see if that works, or else if you configurations are correct, then maybe open a TAC case. Like I said earlier, that code is too new.

-Scott

I will test your proposals. Thank you for your support.

Oh... try to configure this on the switch:

no vlan dot1q tag native

If that is configured, it will always tag native vlan frames.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card