Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirements: Site to site VPN

ninjakid_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Security Guru's,

It's my first time to implement this. But before doing that i want to have a clear understanding on what i need and what to do. I have here 2 asa 5505 and will be put into 2 sites. Site A and Site B. We want to run both site to site and remote-access vpn. First phase would be site to site. Will these products support my design ? Like how many connections they can handle, limitations etc.

Phase 1

Site A --- Internet--- Site B

Phase 2 Remote access

Site A--Internet mobile client--internet--- Site B

Phase 3 Run application like voip and ftp, email and web browsing.

Tia.

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ASA 5505

VPN Peers with Base license 10 Concurrent

Connections 10,000

Security Plus license 25Concurrent

Connections 25,000

and the following link enogh to configure site to site and then add remote access users with step by step configurations and details

very helpful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00807f9a89.shtml

good luck

please, if helpful rate

Hi,

Is it possible to use both site-to-site and remote-access on one device ?

On site to site :

Can my user connected to the tunnel still browse the internet ?

tia

hi there

as i mentioned the link i have given to u includ how to make all the questions u have asked

L2L and remote access at the same time

and Yes u can let the vpn client connect to vpn and browse the internet at the same time

u need to see this in the link aswel this feature called SPLIT TUNNELING

in this feature u just let the client send the traffic to ur LAN spesified by ACL through the vpn tunnel anything else will go thorgh his/her local setting on the PC such as internet

good luck

if u need any more details just post here

please, if helpful rate

Hi,

Thanks for all these info. I will read more unto these.

Tnx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: