Software for Checking Channel and Traffic

Unanswered Question
Aug 14th, 2008

Is there any free powerful software that is avaliable to test the channel and traffic for site survey and testing purposes.

Most of the software, I came across is too expensive to purchase.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dennischolmes Thu, 08/14/2008 - 05:58

You could use netstumbler or the cisco cb-21 site survey utility to map coverage areas and IPERF/JPERF and Chariot for throughput data. Are you a Cisco reseller? If so, there is a special bundle offer available from AirMagnet right now where you can get Survey Pro and Analyzer Pro with an 802.11n card for around 3000.00 US. That's about 60% savings.

yeled1257 Thu, 08/14/2008 - 06:44

im looking for speed testing software as well which one did you find for a charge?

dennischolmes Thu, 08/14/2008 - 06:47

If you are looking for speed you most definitely want to use Iperf/Jperf. Its free and has an interface also built into AirMagnet anaylzer so that the speed can be incorporated into your survey data.

kian_hong2000 Thu, 08/14/2008 - 17:38

No. I am not a Cisco seller. However, i am interested in knowing more as my work deal with wireless. we are a small company with low budget.

I can't remember the name but some need charges. Does netstumbler need to purchase or is a trial version?

This Discussion