Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 call transfer issue and fast transfer to voicemail

bassono_t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I recently installed a UC500 for 5 users. The setup has 3 7921 wireless IP phones and 2 analog phones. The setup is such that the main extension is on an analog phone so that if the UC500 is down, calls can still be received from the PSTN. My problem is that I don't know how to setup the call transfer from the analog phone which has the main extension. Also there is no option to change how long the phone rings before a call is diverted to the voicemail when using the configuration assistant for the setup. I am not used to the command line interface!

Thanks for helping

2 Replies 2

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I would recommend downloading the CME Administration guide and get yourself familiar with the command line.

For your analogue phone (transferring) you can use Feature Access Codes. It seems in CME there are standard codes available so in your case you may be able to use park **6 followed by an extension number (I know you can use the configuration tool to create park slots). I am not sure if feature access codes are enabled by default. If its not enabled you need to issue the following commands in the CLI:

en (enter the password when asked)

configure terminal

telephony-service

fac standard

exit

write mem

It doesn't seem that you cannot use use this feature to Feature Access Codes so usng park feature may be your best bet.

With the timeout going to voicemail, connect to the GUI and select extensions and view the information about the particular extension. You'll see there you can change the value.

Hope this helps.

Craig.

thank for the reply, though there was no need to do any extra configuration but just press on the Flash button to get a dial tone when a call is received to be able to transfer the call to a different extension.

This one was pure ignorance :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: