cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to setup pri-group in controller T1 0/0/0

rlortiz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote site with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 Module in a Cisco 2811 router. They are trying to configure a PRI group underneath the controller interface. However the command is not being accepted. Customer has added the ISDN switch type statement (isdn switch-type primary-5ess)in the global area. The following error is generated when configuring "pri-group timeslots 1-24".

pri-Group statement is not available underneath the controller interface

Serial interfaces are not available either. The IOS is 12.4(9)T6. I found a bug similar to this issue but was in 12.2 code.

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard

What if they try configuring channel-group instead of pri-group

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

controller T1 1/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

cablelength long 0db

pri-group timeslots 1-24

do you want to try this on global config?

Hey Guys,

I just got more information that changes the whole thing. I found out they are seeing the following error:

% Not enough DSP resources available to configure pri-group on controller T1 0/0/0

There are no PVDMs because they just want to do ISDN. I had them use an IOS with only the IP BASE feature to take away the voice support. This fixed the issue.

Sorry, I was not aware at the time that it was bogus information.

Thanks for the help, anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card