cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

64 bit vpn client

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

Is there going to be a 64 bit version of the Cisco VPN Client?

I have many users that are buying new 64 bit computers.

Any Ideas besides AnyConnect?

5 Replies 5

audet
Level 1
Level 1

My Email From TAC..

>>

Hi Michael,

No problem that is ok, I completely understand you, but, unfortunately I can not help you with this information, I did some research and I found that it is not a plan to support Windows Vista 64 bits with the original ipsec vpn client, but I do not have more information, and I do not have a way to get it, the TAC is just "break and fix", so I involved mi manager to canalize you with the correct person to provide you this information, and he said that the good one must be your account manager =).

I hope this can help you. I will be waiting for your response back, and please let me know if there is something else that I could do for you related to the same issue, as a TAC engineer.

Best regards...

<<

Unfortunately I wish my Cisco rep had told me they did not support IPSEC Vista 64 when I purchased my gateways. At the time of purchase the ASA5540 listed Windows IPSEC VPN client support but failed to mention they do not plan to support Vista 64. (Thanks Cisco)

They are forcing you to move to the AnyConnect client for an additional SSL License cost.

I wonder if they are slowly killing off IPSEC clients or just trying to push their SSL solution into companies so they can compete with other SSL VPN Vendors (Ex: Netilla)

A VPN client development roadmap would be nice from Cisco but TAC was unable to provide me one.

I think Cisco should come out with a 64 bit vpn client.

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

February 18, 2010
Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.

Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to cvc-beta@cisco.com.

Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.

We just ordered 50 new ssl licenses.  If it only would have been a few weeks earlier.

Thanks,

Alex Pfeil

The good news is that the SSL clients are not in Beta, and have all of the benefits of SSL VPN over IPSEC VPN.  So it remains a good investment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: