cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 5.1 critical services?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We are configuring our alert system to notify us when our servers are still up but the actual services have stopped. Can anyone help us with which of the actual services in call manager 5.1 will affect function for the end users even thought the server is still up and running? Our CM 5.1 is linex based.

Any feedback would be great.

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i would say

A Cisco DB

A Cisco DB replicator

CallManager

CallManager Admin

CallManager Serviceability

CallManager Serviceability RTMT

Database Layer Monitor

License Manager

RIS

TFTP

Tomcat

Other services might also be important but it depends on what you're using.

If JTAPI apps then add the CTIManager, if using media resources then add IP Voice Media Streaming, etc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thank you for your response. We are looking for what specifically would kill call manager services. We located the actual services on Unity but that is windows based and a little more straight forward. Do you know what the Call Manager services start/stop ties out to in Linux? That is the string that we would tie out to the monitor.

Any idea? Please let me know.

And thank you again.

callmanager service can be stopped independently of other services. also you if any of the DB services go down any kind of change in the admin or CFA, EM, etc won't work so i would look at DB services also

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

I work with Vicky. Do you know what the name of the processes are? It's my understanding that the CLI is not the linux root. For example, I should be able to use "ps aux | grep callmanager". We need the process names to monitor the appropriate services using our Network Monitor. SNMP is already configured. Thanks!

John

sorry, i don't know the names of the actual processes. as you mention what you get is a secure CLI on which most linux commands won't work. you would need to get root access to find out the real names of the processes, but TAC only provides root access to apply workarounds for bugs or to perform troubleshooting

HTH

java

HTH

java

OK, we will open a ticket with TAC. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: