cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5.1 to 6.2 Upgrade

mhering8650
Level 1
Level 1

What do I need to watch out for when doing this upgrade? I know that I need to upgrade my licenses using the PUT tool, etc but is the install straight forward drop DVD in and install to inactive partition then flip over? or is it going to be like it was when I upgraded from 3.1 to 3.3 where I have to backup the system, wipe the OS, install the CM then restore....

THanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

just insert the media where the upgrade is and use the OS admin to install it, once it's installed on all servers start switching partitions. you don't need to wipe out the box for the upgrade

Table 4 Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades for Release 5.x and Release 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp1268956

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

just insert the media where the upgrade is and use the OS admin to install it, once it's installed on all servers start switching partitions. you don't need to wipe out the box for the upgrade

Table 4 Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades for Release 5.x and Release 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp1268956

HTH

java

HTH

java

Perfect, looks like I need to do an intermeediate step to 5.1 release before I go to 6 :)

Thanks again

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marc,

Hopefully nothing will ever be like the 3.1/3.2 upgrade to 3.3! Yikes! I remember we had planned to do this on a weekend maintenance window and it timed out to be 29 hours. We did come up with an alternate plan eventually, but this was a "painful" upgrade to say the least.

Just doing a little "reminising" here :)

Take care and good luck with your upgrade,

Rob

LOL yea I remember that one. I had only 1 pub and 3 subs and it took me the better part of 16 hours....

Of course that was when I was going from unsigned loads to signed loads so I couldn't even back out if I wanted to.....Ah fun times :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: