Views
Helpful
Replies

voice mail as last stop for hunt group

rustycoop
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

We have no ACD ability, so I have a hunt group set up with 3 extensions (one each as second line on each of 3 phones). If no one is available on any of the hunt extensions, I want it to go to a shared voice mail box.

Can anyone help me know if this is do-able and how (nothing I've tried has worked!). Using CM 6.1/Unity 5.0

Thank you,

Linda

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

On CCM versions 4.X we used to configure a Hunt Group with the users and added the Unity VM Pilot point at the end so that if no one answers the call goes to VM.

For your CUCM version there's an option called "Forward Hunt No Answer" on the hunt pilot, you can set this to be the VM pilot point.

Then on Unity you can create a call routing rule that sends the call to a particular user's mailbox.

Hope this helps! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Linda,

This is most possible :) I'm going to add a touch to the great info from Tere (+5 points for this Tere)

In this example we are going to do what you are trying to do as well as Light the MWI Lamp on the phones within the Line Group when a Message is left for the group.

Lets say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and one of the second line DN's on the Line Group member phones is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA) to the Unity Pilot #.

If you don't use a Routing Rule as nicely suggested by Tere you can Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355. This will take care of one of the Line Group Member phones but we want to light the Lamp on the second and third phone as well :)

Try setting the the DN's of the other two Line Group members as Alternate MWI's (in Unity) as well;

Setting Up Alternate MWIs for Extensions on the Same Phone System

Cisco Unity can activate alternate MWIs for extensions on the same phone system. Note that depending on the phones and phone systems, some additional phone system programming may be necessary. Refer to the installation guide for the phone system.

To enable alternate MWIs for extensions on the same phone system, do the following procedure for each subscriber who needs alternate MWIs.

To Set Up Alternate MWIs for Extensions on the Same Phone System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In the Cisco Unity Administrator, go to the applicable Subscribers > Subscribers > Messages page.

Step 2 Confirm that the Use MWI for Message Notification check box is checked.

Step 3 Click the Add button located beneath the MWI Extensions table to add a row to the table. By default, the first row in the table contains an "X" to indicate the primary extension assigned to a subscriber. If you want one more extension and do not need to activate the MWI on the primary extension, you can also modify the first row.

Step 4 Enter the applicable extension in the Extension field of the table. MWIs are automatically enabled for all rows in the table. When entering characters in the MWI Extensions table, consider the following:

•Enter digits 0 through 9. Do not use spaces, dashes, or parentheses.

•Enter , (comma) to insert a one-second pause.

•Enter # and * to correspond to the # and * keys on the phone.

Step 5 Click the Save icon.

Step 6 Repeat Step 3 through Step 5 as necessary.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/401/integration/guide/c50acu4x.html#wp1808513

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the second Line appearances;

For the second Line Setting on (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you for all the info! I will certainly try your method.

Hi Linda,

You are most welcome my friend :) Let us know how you make out with this config.

Take care,

Rob

Does anyone know how to do this CME and CUE?  Would be nice to light the MWI.  I'm thinking based on what I've read that you must create a dummy ephone-dn and use that as the 'final' in the ephone-hunt group.  I'm sure there's another way to skin this cat, I just haven't found it.... yet.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: