Views
Helpful
Replies

Legacy PBX to Legacy PBX over IP

l0rnkilian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to put together a solution to eliminate our T1 circuits used just for voice and consolidate to our IP network. I have tried Circuit Emulation cards and have not been happy with the results (mainly echo problems). I am interested in trying to set up two routers as voice gateways between the two PBXs. From the Cisco docs I have read, using a VWIC-2MFT-T1 I should be able to configure it as an E&M tie line and then transfer it across the IP network. Do I also need PVDSPs? Has anyone done this and have any recommendations. The two PBXs are connected with tie lines now using service provider T1s.

Much abliged,

Lorn

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lorn,

We do use 2811's with the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 quite nicely (not for your exact setup but I don't see any problems :) you will require DSP Resources, PVDM2-32 (for 1 T1) or PVDM2-64 (for 2 T1's)

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml#Components

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: