Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941 Phone Headset Ringing

Does anyone know, from self experience, of a brand/type of headset which gets ringing on the earpiece when a call arrives? We've tried 2 different times of headsets and we can't hear anything on the earpiece when a call arrives.

Thank you,

david

2 Replies 2

Anyone?

david

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

This is "standard" behaviour with Headsets as the assumption is that you are sitting right at the phone itself :)

But we are looking into a great new method of using Wireless Headsets that Plantronics and Cisco have developed that work with the 7942/7945, 7962/7965 and 7975 IP Phones only so far. The Plantronics HHC adapter enables hookswitch control and ***ring detection for CS50, CS55, CS60, CS70, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N and V510S wireless headsets, eliminating the need for a an HL10 lifter.)

With the use of an Adaptor Part # APC-4 (called the HHC Adaptor) which plugs into the Aux Port on the base of the phone allows calls to be answered and disconnected via the Headset without the use of the Lifter!

HHC adapter (APC-4) Product Information

http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/plantronics.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9880&p_created=1207353166

Hope this helps!

Rob

Wireless Headset Remote Hookswitch Control

Q. What is the Plantronics HHC adapter used for?

A. The Plantronics HHC adapter enables hookswitch control and ring detection for CS50, CS55, CS60, CS70, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N and V510S wireless headsets, eliminating the need for a an HL10 lifter.

Q. Will the Plantronics Headset Hookswitch Control adapter work with Cisco IP phones 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961, 7970?

A. No. The Plantronics HHC adapter works only with Cisco IP phones 7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G and 7975G.

Q. How do I install the Plantronics HHC adapter to my Cisco Ip phone.

A. Select the attached quick start guide for instructions.

Q. Is there a specific Cisco firmware version that is required on the Cisco phones to use the Plantronics HHC adapter?

A. A new phone firmware version is required for the Cisco Unified IP Phones 7975G, 7965G, 7962G, 7945G, 7942G models. Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) firmware Version 8.3(3) and higher.

Q. Is there a specific Cisco software version that is required for the Cisco Unified IP Phones 7975G, 7965G, 7962G, 7945G, 7942G ?

A. Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.1(3) and higher.

Q. How do I know if the hook switch control feature is enabled/disabled on my phone?

A. On the phone, you can verify that the feature is enabled by choosing the Settings button > scroll to Device Configuration > scroll to Media Configuration, and verifying that the Headset Hookswitch Control setting displays Enabled.

***NOTE: This a feature on the Cisco phone that allows users to remotely recieve ring indication and to answer/end calls using a wireless headset. By default, the Wireless Remote Hookswitch Control feature is disabled. This feature can be enabled by the Cisco Phone System Administrator.

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Jabra also has this "new" HHC Capability. Let me know if you require this info as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: