Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue initiating Tunnel from IPSEC tunnel from 1841 router to ASA

AGINetworkGroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a IPSEC site to site tunnel between Cisco 1841 Router and ASA 5510. (the configuration is the same as it is in the example in the cisco site except for the route-map utilisation).

I am experiencing a typical problem while initiating a tunnel from the lan behind Cisco 1841. Tunnel does not come up but when I initiate traffic from the lan behind ASA the tunnel comes up and normal traffic passes through.

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue.

Regards,

K.V.Krisshna

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can post the router config

Hi Marwan,

Please find the config of the router attached.

Regards,

K.V.Krisshna

Hi,

If you use Route map , does it resolve your issue?

Can you post debugs for Phase 1?

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Saju,

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried using the Route-map even but it did not work out.

Regards,

K.V.Krisshna

Hello ,

Your config looks ok to me except that you are not using route-map , but you have checked it gives you same result.

Can you post config from ASA side?

Also you can refer follwoing link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00805e8c80.shtml

If your configs are ok then you can consider opening cisco tac case and check if the IOS is not hitting any bugs etc.

HTH

Saju

Thank you Saju,

The config seems to be ok with the eample config above. I guess i need to open a tac case with Cisco for further on this.

Regards,

K.V.Krisshna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: