Views
Helpful
Replies

MRGLs

simmo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know the best way to configure MRG's and MRGLs when I have remote branches, which remote routers/dsp resources.

For example, I want a phone in a remote branch to utilise the local dsp resources in the first instance, and only use CCM resources (in a centralised model) if the local ones are not free.

Would I set up an MRG for the local resources (XCODE, CFB, MTP), then another MRG to group the centralised CCM resources, and then order them in an MRGL?

currently I have just been bundling all resources into a single MRG - local and CCM resources - then putting that single MRG into an MRGL on a branch by branch basis.

Thanks.....Mark.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the CFB to be used is determined by the conference initiator so in this scenario if a remote user initiated the conference and local resources are available then that CFB will be used.

the resources are pre-allocated so if you have it set to 4, then only the 5th user would fail

same for meet-me, the one that initiates the meet-me invokes the CFB from it's MRGL

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi Mark

the idea u have mentioned is the right one

which u need to make MRG for each location then order them in the sequence u want so the first listed the first used

i mean this order of MRG in the MRGL and u can make diffrent MRGL for each location and assifn it to that location device pool

but if u assign it at the phon level the phon level will override the device pool one

good luck

please, if helpful rate

Thanks for that... couple more things though...

If I create a conference between 3 staff at a remote branch, and then I connect a 4th party from another office, will all parties use the same cfb - ie the first branches CFB?

what happens is the local resource is full - will the 4th party join fail?

and what determines which CFB is used for a meet me session?

cheers!

the CFB to be used is determined by the conference initiator so in this scenario if a remote user initiated the conference and local resources are available then that CFB will be used.

the resources are pre-allocated so if you have it set to 4, then only the 5th user would fail

same for meet-me, the one that initiates the meet-me invokes the CFB from it's MRGL

HTH

java

HTH

java