Views
Helpful
Replies

MRGLs

simmo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know the best way to configure MRG's and MRGLs when I have remote branches, which remote routers/dsp resources.

For example, I want a phone in a remote branch to utilise the local dsp resources in the first instance, and only use CCM resources (in a centralised model) if the local ones are not free.

Would I set up an MRG for the local resources (XCODE, CFB, MTP), then another MRG to group the centralised CCM resources, and then order them in an MRGL?

currently I have just been bundling all resources into a single MRG - local and CCM resources - then putting that single MRG into an MRGL on a branch by branch basis.

Thanks.....Mark.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the CFB to be used is determined by the conference initiator so in this scenario if a remote user initiated the conference and local resources are available then that CFB will be used.

the resources are pre-allocated so if you have it set to 4, then only the 5th user would fail

same for meet-me, the one that initiates the meet-me invokes the CFB from it's MRGL

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi Mark

the idea u have mentioned is the right one

which u need to make MRG for each location then order them in the sequence u want so the first listed the first used

i mean this order of MRG in the MRGL and u can make diffrent MRGL for each location and assifn it to that location device pool

but if u assign it at the phon level the phon level will override the device pool one

good luck

please, if helpful rate

Thanks for that... couple more things though...

If I create a conference between 3 staff at a remote branch, and then I connect a 4th party from another office, will all parties use the same cfb - ie the first branches CFB?

what happens is the local resource is full - will the 4th party join fail?

and what determines which CFB is used for a meet me session?

cheers!

the CFB to be used is determined by the conference initiator so in this scenario if a remote user initiated the conference and local resources are available then that CFB will be used.

the resources are pre-allocated so if you have it set to 4, then only the 5th user would fail

same for meet-me, the one that initiates the meet-me invokes the CFB from it's MRGL

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: