cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connects, I can see folders but not files

unevenload
Level 1
Level 1

I installed the VPN client on 3 laptops. Two are fine but the third connects and sees the server shared folders but not the files. I have tried using different logon credentials that work on the other laptops with the same result. So I think it is specific to the computer and not user or a rights issue.

7 Replies 7

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

as long as he gets connected and also can reach the server

then the vpn working fine

Respectfully, if I am getting a icon that says the VPN is connected but I can't see the files I have a problem somewhere. When connected locally I have access to the files and connecting via the VPN on other computers with the same credentials I have access.

are u able to ping the server?

No. Request times out. When connected I can see the folders using windows explorer, just not the files. When running IPconfig I noticed that I am not getting a default gateway on the VPN connection. I am getting the correct IP and subnet.

r u using router or firewall?

do u have nat configured

if yes,

it sounds u missed the nat exmption

We are using a ASA 5505. This is new to me. Do I set the NAT exemption on the local client? The VPN works on my other laptops so I assumed the ASA box was configured correctly. I contracted out the initial setup.

if the others works fine dont change the config

just make sure if it is not from the computer u use

so try any other computer and try to connect

and let me know

good luck :)