cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP c1252 config assistance

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

First time playing with c1252 and I got some issues.

1.I enabled all the high throughput rates, set WMM policy to 'Allowed' under WLAN and tested with open authenticated WLAN under 2.4g. But I only got 65M on both Linksys 300N card and a Macbook. What could be the problem?

2. Under "Higher Throughput" MCS settings, do I need to set all the rates to 'supported'? Any benefits to support rates lower than 58Mbps here?

3. We use c3750E switch and I can see both A and B/G radios are up for the AP. But the AP only draw 15.4 watts from the switchports, not 18.5 watts as expected. Is it the problem?

Thanks!

Zhenning

5 Replies 5

zhenningx
Level 4
Level 4

I figured it out. The lower data rate I got is caused by the AP not drawing full power from the switch.

First I need to upgrade my switch to 12.2(44)SE to support Enhanced PoE.

Then the AP still draws 15.4 watts with automatic power negotiation. I have to use follwoing commands under swtich port level:

power inline static

power inline port max 20000

Then the AP draws 20watts and I got 130Mbps.

So everyone has to manually set power maximum 20watts for 1252 APs? Anyone has it working using automatic?

And I don't see it is documented anywhere in CCO!

Zhenning

Sorry after several minutes, the speed drops down to 65Mbps again.

Any suggestions?

I have a Linsys600N and can only get around 130mbps and that is sitting next to the ap. A Mac book got the same link speed, but had a higher throughput than what I was getting on the 600N. Why does it drop... who knows, I think when they get something standard instead of a draft, things will work better. Try using different channels and play around with the 600N card settings, that is what I did.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

My Macbook also gets 130Mbps. Maybe an issue with 300N card.

It can be.... use iperf and test the throughput.... that is another thing you will be amazed with.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card