Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple instances of the same route pattern

mlabuguen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to configure multiple instances of the same route pattern digits?

We have a PA system in each location and currently with the legacy PBXs, staff would dial 11 to make a page call. Now that we are converting each location to cisco VoIP, I would like to keep the same PA access code (11) for each individual location. Is this possible? I would like to use multiple 11. as my route pattern but use different route partitions that will point to specific fxo interfaces (where each PA system connects to) so a user in one location does not access another PA system in another location.

Thanks in advance,

Marvin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, it's possible to use the same route pattern string as long as it's on different partitions. you can use the same or different route lists on each one

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, it's possible to use the same route pattern string as long as it's on different partitions. you can use the same or different route lists on each one

HTH

java

HTH

java

Java,

Thanks! Funny, yesterday i copied a route pattern, changed the partition, and clicked save but cucm never took it. I tried several times with the same result.

Today, after your reply, i decided to try again. Finally it worked. I'm certain i did the same thing yesterday as what i did today...

Thanks again!

Marv

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: