cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing 9 911 takes 15 secs for it to ring

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

It is taking too long according to my client for 911 calls to complete. CM6 Business edition is at main site in ROchester. The 2 remote sites are having the same problems. We are running H323. I assume the problem is on the gateway, possibly dial peers. Can anyone review my configs attached and see if they can assist.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would do a debug voip dialpeers and see what the logs say. You will what dial peers it is trying to use.

Clearly, you have a ton of "9". How its using the "9" will tell you. It could be chugging through a bunch of those, etc.

I would shutdown all the "9" dial peers expect for 9T, then try and 911. Turn on each "9" dial one by one until you find the one that is causing the issue

this because te 9T u have the router will wait till the inter digit time out to finish

because there maybe u intermore digits

u can eaither chage the dial beer for more explicit matching instead of 9T, or decrease the inter digit time out

or a simple way hit # after finish intering the number like

911 then enter # on the phon

good luck

please, if helpful rate

that probably has nothing to do with the dial peers but with an overlapping dial plan on CUCM. use DNA to troubleshoot this and find out what other patterns are matched when making the calls. Or use the route plan report and look for overlapping patterns.

if you want calls to go immediately check the urgent priority option on the route patterns. notice that if there is overlapping you will notice some calls won't be completed because as soon as you dial 911 the call will be connected.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This was also assuming that the engineer did not have any overlap in CUCM. Typically that long delay is from CUCM, agreed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: