Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless LAN Controller - Penetration Test for Wireless IDS Pack

leon.mflai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently, I deployed a Cisco Unified WLAN solution w/ WLC, LAP, WCS and ACS. The customer concerns about security very much. They want a security penetration test over the whole WLAN system.

However, I am confused by testing about WLC internal IDS signature pack.

How can I test the IDS signature pack? Do you have any suggestion?

You may refer to following URL for the topics that I'm talking about.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.1/configuration/guide/c51sol.html#wp1537821

3 Replies 3

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Please have a look at comm. view for wifi, It is used to replay packets into wifi network .You can specify the frequency pattern /No of packets per sec etc etc . The settings on the tool depends on the signature pattern/ frequency of the attack . The tool also has an option to capture packets and replay it and it is easy to work with.

hi,

I can't use Comm view for Wifi because my Commview packet capture driver cannot support my network adapter.

I finally did a researh with Linux-based WLAN attack tools called "Auditor Live CD" and "BackTrack3 Live CD". I can launch WLAN Deauthen / Deassoc flood by File2Air over my TP-Link Atheros chipset WLAN adapter.

Finally, the MFP protection engine in WLC can fire alert.

Thanks

Leon Lai

hi,

I can't use Comm view for Wifi because my Commview packet capture driver cannot support my network adapter.

I finally did a researh with Linux-based WLAN attack tools called "Auditor Live CD" and "BackTrack3 Live CD". I can launch WLAN Deauthen / Deassoc flood by File2Air over my TP-Link Atheros chipset WLAN adapter.

Finally, the MFP protection engine in WLC can fire alert.

Thanks

Leon Lai

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: