Replies

7921's getting network busy when WMM enabled

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

WLC 4404 running 4.1.185.0

7921's running 1.2.1

CUCM 6.1

If WMM is enabled the phones cannot dial, they just get "NETWORK BUSY" messages on screen. CAC settings don't matter, but if WMM in the WLC is set to anything except DISABLED then it doesn't work.

8 Replies 8

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ensure that you have the platinum QoS profile (802.1p = 6) set for the voice ssid.

See the 7921G Deployment Guide for further assistance.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/deployment/guide/7921dply.pdf

We followed the guide to the absolute letter. Platinum QOS is enabled.

Would open a TAC case to have your config reviewed then as it definitely sounds like a config issue.

joeri.de.winter
Level 1
Level 1

we have the same problem with the 7921's, we disabled WMM, all phones are working fine for now.... but unfortunately don't know the issue with WMM is....

cheerz

From the CLI, check that you have the following line:

'config 802.11a cac voice stream-size 84000 max-streams 2'

We've seen a bug where it defaults to zero values in both variables, which basically denies traffic.

thx for the tip mhd@oticon.dk

i will see if we can check this, i suppose that i will need to enable the feature before i can check the cli, the problem is that this is an remote site.

what if it defaults to zero, what's the solution..... firmware..?

I believe you will find it there per default, if you enabled CAC through the GUI.

Please refer to "Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 4.1". See "Chapter 4 - Configuring Controller Settings" and look for "Using the CLI to Configure Voice Parameters". When doing a "show running-config", verify that all parameters from the guide are present and set to the correct (i.e. default) values.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.1/configuration/guide/c41ccfg.html#wp1091874

I'm not sure I understand why it should be a problem with the controller being on a remote site. The Command Line Interface is remotely accessible through telnet or ssh. Only Console access requires physical access to the box. See "Chapter 2 - Using the Web-Browser and CLI Interfaces"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.1/configuration/guide/c41intf.html#wp1097698

I don't think it's necessary to upgrade the firmware in this case. If you however do so, you can always downgrade again. Just read the relevant release notes and articles.

Good luck.

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When doing "show run-config", should see the following if CAC is enabled.

Call Admision Control (CAC) configuration

Voice AC - Admission control (ACM)............ Enabled

Voice max RF bandwidth........................ 75

Voice reserved roaming bandwidth.............. 6

Voice load-based CAC mode..................... Enabled

Voice tspec inactivity timeout................ Disabled

Video AC - Admission control (ACM)............ Disabled

Voice Stream-Size............................. 84000

Voice Max-Streams............................. 2

Video max RF bandwidth........................ 25

Video reserved roaming bandwidth.............. 6

Also under the SSID, ensure QoS is setup correctly.

Quality of Service............................... Platinum (voice)

WMM.............................................. Allowed

Wired Protocol................................... 802.1P (Tag=6)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card