cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point dropping clients

anthony.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Our Aironet 350 access points are deauthenticating and then reassociating clients randomly. The strange thing is that the clients don't roam to another access point, they just reassociate to the same access point that they left. On the voice side we are exeriencing periodic droputs during conversations. After the network had been stable for a while, I decided to upgrade to 12.3(8)JEA3 which was very unstable for voice. I'm now using 12.3(7)JA5 which is suffering from the dropout problem. We're using Spectralink PTB810 phones with the latest software release. It's obvious that upgrading the access points changed a setting that is causing the dropout problem. I've used NetStumbler and signals look good. I also verified all of the QoS settings from Spectralink and Cisco documentation.

000268: Aug 15 08:33:47

Information

Interface Dot11Radio0, Station 0090.7a04.c50d Reassociated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

000267: Aug 15 08:33:43

Information

Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 0090.7a04.c50d Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid

000266: Aug 15 08:33:42

Information

Interface Dot11Radio0, Station 0090.7a04.c50d Associated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

5 Replies 5

SJessulat_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anthony,

what kind of authentication do you use for the devices. Looks like a problem with reauthentication.

We had a similar phenomenon, which was caused by the reauthentication interval.

Regards,

Sebastian

We're using WEP with open authentication.

As you can see from what I posted earlier, it doesn't seem like the clients are detecting a stronger signal; it just seems that for whatever reason they are disassociating and then re-authenticating to the same access point.

Are the clients just spectralink phones? Verify the requirements from Spectralink and make sure it is confgiured on the ap. It is possible that the upgrade retored default setting on certain features. DTIM and data rates are some of the requirements that you need to find out from Spectralink. If you put the original code back on, does it help or not?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We have data and voice on separate VLANs. From looking at the event logs, it seems like the data APs are doing the same thing but it's just not as noticeable as it is with the voice APs. I'm following the 'Field Verified' documentation from Spectralink on configuring the access points but still the same issues.

Anthony,

I personally would load the original code you had prior to the upgrade unless you require some new feature. Has anything changed in the environment other than the upgrade? Is this everywhere or only in a cetain area?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card