cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reestablishing a Broken CallManager Cluster SQL

gturner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!, I am having the common problem when you can't do a "forward all calls".

I am nearly sure that it is a replication problem. I run the DblHelper but it seems to be all right.

Next I tried to apply the procedure to "Reestablish a broken Callmanager Cluster SQL". but I get the following error after I enter the sa password:

Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I choose in that step to do Sql Server and windows authentication, not Windows only.

Any idea?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if running CUCM 4.x you need to use only windows authentication

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java!... yes, we are talking about CM4.1(3)

I was using the procedure written for CM3.x

This procedure claims to work also for CM4.x and specify windows & sql authentication... That's why I was trying this kind of authentication. I will try windows only.

Thanks!

ranjan.g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Which version are you using .If it 4.x you can use republish database under the DB helper

In 3.x based on configuration while CCM installed ,You can try with windows authentication only

-Ranjan

Hi Ranjan,

We are running CCM 4.1(3).

I tried using DBLhelper, but it didn't work.

I also tried to follow the procedure to republish working directly with the enterprise manager, and it specifies to use sql authentication. I will try using windows only.

At this time, I am not sure if it is a Sql problem. I register a phone directly to the publisher, and I can't do a forward all.

I restart the server many times. It very strange.

Thank for your help.

Reestablishing a Broken CallManager Cluster SQL Subscription with Cisco CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801d11a6.shtml

Check Password Synchronization with the Admin Utility in the Cisco CallManager Cluster

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080557ba5.shtml

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi again Java!, the process to "reestablish a broken callmanager..." is the same that I've used. This paper specifies to use "the Sql server login information that was assigned to me...[Sql Server Authentication]"

Do you think that it will be ok to use windows authentication instead of Sql Server Authentication?

I've checked password synch using the admin utility, and everything seems to be ok.

Thanks for your help!

yes, any version 4.x uses only windows authentication, 3.x did used the mixed authentication.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: