cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSACS capable of dropping lines and users?

dehghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Is Cisco ACS capable of dropping users logged in vthrough a NAS. I have seen a purge option but I dont think this does the trick. I am looking at dropping a specific user from the CSACS ineterface.

Also is it capable of showing what password has been entered by the user while logging in for troubleshooting purposes?.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You mean passwords 'modified' (like enable/HSRP/Tacacs key etc) after logging into the device or passwords entered to login INTO the device itself?

The first one can be logged/accounted for by using command accounting (requires NAS to use TACACS+ and not Radius). The second case is logged in the ACS >> Reports >> Failed Attempts.

Regards

Farrukh

For the first one I mean dropping an already logged in user User on an Async line. (Perhaps resetting the line on the NAS from CSACS).

for the second one I mean actually seeing what the user has entered for his/her password while he/she was logging in, to verify if she is entering a wrong password. (CSACS only gives me a general password incorrect message but I want to see what the password entered was.)

Thanks