cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER doesn't see SNMP on CUCM

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone seen this one? I have a TAC case pending on it...

CER is Version 2.0.3

CCM is version 6.1(1)

Problem is

CER is refusing to communicate via SNMP with the CUCM. CUCM communities have been checked and rechecked, they have also been tested with a 3rd party SNMP tool (GETIF) to make sure they do respond. Boxes can ping each other. CER does register it's route points.

Syslog error message thrown when the phone update processes is

08-16-2008 17:28:45 Local7.Debug 10.15.1.30 %CER_CER_AGGREGATOR-6-INFO:Device 10.15.1.10 is SNMP unreachable. Please check SNMP settings in CER and also on this CCM. Please confim proper access previlage ( READ_ONLY ) set on this box for SNMP service. Also, verify n/w connectivity.

The result is that CER isn't learning about any of the phones in the CUCM.

We have tried

removing CUCM from CER and put back

retype/recheck all SNMP community strings

reboot all involved servers

5 Replies 5

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Just to make sure you have the SNMP on all CCM's turned on. Also when you added the SNMP string, you restarted the SNMP Master service? I see you rebooted the boxes so this would assure this. Also the SNMP strings you added are allow anyone except those listed correct? The other checkbox would deny all under the community string setting!

HTH,

Chad

Chad;

You pretty much nailed it there. The error message is a little misleading it claims the server is not reachable -- that's not correct, as GETIF reports the SNMP is clearly working.

CUCM was showing SNMP not being activated - so activating that seemed to fix the problem.

There were many CER documentation errors related to the CUCM setup for 6.1, so in the TAC case I outlined them and the TAC engineer is sending them to the Doc guys to have the documentation fixed.

Your welcome, next time it actually solves your problem, you should probably try rating it a 5, since indeed it did solve it prior to TAC.

Cheers,

Chad

I have a similar issue but with CCM 4.1 and CER7 everything works except I cannot see the extentions in CER I get the error "Device {CCM} is SNMP unreachable. Please check SNMP settings in CER and also on this CCM. Please confim proper access previlage ( READ_ONLY ) set on this box for SNMP service. Also, verify n/w connectivity."

The settings in CER are correct, where do I check on CCM 4.1 (3) ???

Thanks

David Undernehr
Level 1
Level 1

deleted...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: