Views
Helpful
Replies

IBM Tivoli Intergration with CiscoWorks LMS 2.6

nasim_nasri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am new to IBM Tivoli management solution. I want to know what exact IBM tivoli prodcuts can integrate with CiscoWorks LMS 2.6. What I came to know that IBM Tivoli NetView can integrate with Cisco View.

Does IBM Tivoli Netcool or IBM Tivoli Network Manger IP Edition can integrate with CiscoWorks LMS solution.

Any inputs , suggestions , practical expereince are most welcome : )

Thanks in Advance

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Integration is supported for Tivoli NetView 7.1 only. If you search through this forum, you will see some instances where users have forwarded traps from LMS to Netcool, but there is no packaged integration solution.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but after doing research and speaking to TAC Engineer I conclude that there is no much benefit in doing integration b/w IBM Tivoli and CiscoWorks LMS. In reality it is the integration b/w CiscoView and IBM Tivoli Netview. After integration what you will get is the following;

"Loading Cisco mibs into the NetView server and add a button in the Device GUI to launch CiscoView."

Actually there is nothing one will get by integrating CiscoWorks LMS and IBM Tivoli (which is actually on IBM Tivoli NETVIEW)

You will get cross-launch points in NetView for launching LMS applications. You will also get all the Cisco MIBs, traps, and bitmaps loaded into NetView. DCR can also perform bulk imports from NetView.

Cisco TAC told me that you will get only CiscoView launch point in Netview(i.e. CiscoView will integrate with Netview [although it is not pure integration]? and i agreee MIB will be there but for TRAPS do we need to integrate CiscoLMS with Netview?.I think if we install standalone IBM Tivoli Solution (including Netview and others) it can also take traps directly from the device install in its database.

Do you really think that one will get worth while benefits by this integration ( Alhtough I will say it integration). Please advice me

Thanks

Yes, you will get benefit. The MIBs, traps, and bitmaps alone are worth it to many customers.

hrm...

As I gathered the information that IBM NetView is a must for integration. Is it possible to integrate CiscoWorks LMS to IBM Tivoli Netcool or any other product of IBM Tivolive except NetView.

No, integration is only available for Tivoli NetView.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: