cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Inventory collection - device sensed, collection failed

jpugliese
Level 1
Level 1

We have a large amount of 3550 switches that have recently started to fail on Inventory collection within RME. With the above error.

We are running RME 4.0.6 and the switches are running IOS 12.1(13)EA1c.

Is this related to the 3550 ENTITY-MIB bug that I have seen mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

I have tried removing and re-adding the devices to RME to no avail.

I've attached an extract from the IC_server.log which I think details my problem.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

J.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are hitting an ENTITY-MIB bug. For this platform, you need to be running 12.1(14)EA1 or higher. I highly recommend 12.1(19)EA1 or higher, though.

I should also add that this resembles an RME bug as well, but that bug should only affect recent 12.2 3550 code. If, after upgrading, you're still seeing the NullPointerException, you can contact the TAC, and get the RME 4.0.6 patch for CSCsk65355.

Thanks for the quick response.

Is it possible to upgrade the IOS through RME bearing in mind there is no inventory ever collected for these devices?

Regards,

J.

No. Without inventory, SWIM will not be able to do its thing. Also, I once again confused the 2950 and 3550. You MUST upgrade this switch 12.1(19)EA1 to get the fix for CSCeb51407.

Can you tell me if CSCsq764621 is the correct Patch ID?

There is no LMS patch for the problems described in this thread. Please start a new thread to discuss the issue you are seeing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: