Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility in a multi-sites design

Nicolas MATHEY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Is there any way to restrict a user to log in on a phone which is not in office the user supposed to be?

Our implementation is based on one cluster, but all our sites have their own PSTN connection with SRST enable.

So We in a normal situation user will make call using their PSTN's connection office. But if they move in another office they will pass through WAN link to come to their original location to make and receive calls.

It will be perfect if we can just use the Extension mobility localy in each office/site where each users is supposed to be only.

The first goal was to restrict calls, but FAC and CMC are a mess to manage when directors want almost one code per user...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Nick

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it is not possible, if you have enabled a phone for EM any user that has a EM profile can use it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is the idea to stop them routing a telco call back to their GW when logged into a remote handset i.e NY user lcoal Telco GW, Same user moves to SJ and logs into the local handset. User makes a call and currently the call is sent back to NY GW? Do you want to call to go via the local GW the user is logged in to ?

Yes you can via Line/ Device approach CSS

Yes it is.

The idea is at least avoid making external call from the original GW when the user is on a remote office.

The best will be to completly block any call made by this line when it is not on its original location. The idea is to only EM inside the original and for its login/off feature.

Could you advise og any readings about this kind off CSS approach?

Thx

Nick

The approach is called Device/ Line CSS

You configure additional CSS- 1 x for the Device, 1 x for the User

Site A has devices with a local GWA

Site B also have device with a local GWB

Create Partitions called TELCO ACCESS SITE A, TELCO ACCESS SITE B A or as many as you have site

Create a CSS for Site A only - CSS A TELCO ACCESS and assign TELCO ACCESS SITE A

Create a CSS for Site B only -CSS B TELCO ACCESS and assign TELCO ACCESS SITE B

Assign these CSS to device A at Site A and device B to Site B- Device A has CSS A TELCO ACCESS and Device B has CSS B TELCO ACCESS

Create a local RL./ GW to each site RL GWA, RL GWB

Create a Route Pattern for site A i.e 9.! assign Partition TELCO ACCESS SITE A,

Create a Route Pattern for site B i.e 9.! assign Partition TELCO ACCESS SITE B,

Assign the local RL to each site so RP for Site A use RL GWA, RP for Site B use RL GWB

if you do not have call barring then create a single "dummy" partition as a CSS must have a Partition assigned to it

Create a CSS -"CSS_Telco assess" and assign this dummy Partition to it and assign the CSS to your ALL your users

Call flow

User in Site A dials 9.1212, their CSS does not recognise it and passes it to the device A CSS which has a match against 9.! and routes it via the RP for 9.1 Partition TELCO ACCESS SITE A, RL GWA

Same person moves to site B, their CSS does not recognise it and passes it to the device CSS which has a match against 9.! and routes it via the RP for 9.1 Partition TELCO ACCESS SITE B, RL GWB

You can add call barring if you wish- the complete working is in the SRND- hope it helps

hi there iptuser

can u send me an exact link for this description please,

thank you

You can find all this information in the Cisco SRND guides. Just search for SRND on the cisco website. Covers the Device/Line CSS construct mentioned above.

i already got it

but first confused between device mobility and extention mobility though the discreption

anyway thanks :)

Thanks for your reply iptuser.

I'll give a try on my lab environment.

By doing this way, does it means that line CSS is not used anymare?

In my situation, as a line is associate to an user, we provide a CSS line with International access to Internation or not.

If I'm following your process that means that International call capabilities have to be configured per physical phone basis, right?

Thanks again,

Nick

configure th phones i each location i mean phones CSS to allow all based on the location of hte phone

then if u wanna prevent a spicific line from makeing international calls make a block pattren then put this block pattren to the line CSS

this aproach know as line/device

the device will chose the gateway and the line will be used for priviliges

keep in mind this way works if u have the same dial plan on both sites !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: