cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence Server: error accessing calender from IP phone

nskarim
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to access the calendar information from the IP phone but i am getting the error msg:

"Query Operation failed. The Calendar server maybe down. Please make sure the server is up and running."

I have configured presence gateways on the presence server for both the call manager and outlook. The exchange server is running and OWA is enable. The receive AS account as been created already and can access calendar information when tested directly from the browser. SIP presence trunk is also configure. Integration of presence with the call manager works fine as we can see phone status and we can access directory service from the IP phone

I am not sure what else could be the problem with the calendar/outlook. Any hints on thhis?

Is the trust certificate on the outlook gateway configuration required even if OWA is configured without SSL?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

rchilcote
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. You need to make sure OWA uses a CA and is using SSL. Then you need to get a copy of the root certificate that's used by OWA and upload it into the Presence server with a certificate type as "PresenceEngine-Trust". Then restart the UP Presence Engine service.

Thanks for the feedback.

I did create a standalone CA copied the root CA to presence as PresenceEngine-Trust. Requested a certificate for OWA copied it to IIS enabled SSL

The troubleshooter does not see any problem with the trust certificate. However i still get the same error without stating that the calender server maybe down.

I also did restart Presence Engine and presence server completely.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: