I am using the current evaluation version of CiscoWorks Network Compliance Manager. I am trying to update the IOS on one of my switches using the "Update Device Software" Task from the NCM.
I am doing the following steps:
1. Menu -> Devices -> Device Tools -> Software Images
2. I use the "update Device" Link for the Image I want to deploy (downloaded it from cisco.com before, so it is already in the Software repository)
3. I enter the IP from the switch I want to update
4. The page reloads itself (!) and shows me the files that are currently on the device
5. I can select which files I would like to remove, but there is nothing to specify which files I would like to add. The "Adding" line says "No files being added" and it seems as if NCM totally forgot, that I have already chosen the image before.
Even if I try other ways (e.g. the OS Analysis") to navigate to that point its always the same.
If I do an "Image synchronization" to Backup the installed IOS image, I can redeploy the image, but I can't upgrade it.
"Step 1 Snapshot task preceding software update result: succeeded View Result
Step 2 Delete image task: c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin succeeded
Step 3 Software upload of image: c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin succeeded
Step 4 Finalize memory script succeeded
Step 5 Discovery task following software update result: succeeded View Result
Step 6 Snapshot task after software update result: succeeded View Result
Step 7 File System Diagnostic task following software update result: succeeded View Result"
I have read the User Guide and the online help files, but I couldn't find out what I am doing wrong.
Maybe I should add that the IOS to upgrade is newer than the one currently on the device and that there are no error messages or restrictions (RAM size or cpu type). Only the currently installed must be deleted during upgrade process, before the new IOS can be uploaded to the device.