cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Vista - Error 28000

trevora
Level 1
Level 1

I attempted to install the vpn client (560) before installing the MS patch. It failed installation but now I cannot re-install it as it gives the following message.

"Error 28000: Before installing the Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.03.0560, you must uninstall the previous version of Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.03.0560, using the Add/Remove Program Files option in the Control Panel. Then restart your system."

However I cannot find it as an installed application. The installer still thinks it is installed but I cannot find it.

Is there any way of manualy uninstalling so overriding the installer to force an install.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

I have a similar issue in Windows 7 (64 bit)

When I try to install the VPN client, I get the error message:

Error 28000:  Before installing the Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.07.0290, you must uninstall the previous version of Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.07.0290, using the Add/Remove Program Files option in the Control Panel.  Then restart your system.

But this does not show up in the list for Add/Remove Program Files.  I assume this is because my previous attempts at installing it failed.

Is there a way to manually uninstall the software, or reset it so that the installer will run again?

Just to close the loop on this. Back then I eventually reinstalled my OS and followed the instructions carefully and it worked perfectly. This is a bit of a radical approach so perhaps first try the URL's posted by hadbou above.

sconstantine
Level 1
Level 1

Wow, took me forever to find a way.  Search and destroy:

FB60CDF5D3D37634F8BFF4FABC1679D2

many thanks,after N times delete FB60CDF5D3D37634F8BFF4FABC1679D2,it works 

tranminhc
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem.

I follow the instruction in this link. It works like a charm

http://fabi.me/sonstiges/cisco-vpn-client-install-problem/