Views
Helpful
Replies

Drop a call in CCM6

sameer.abuasal
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

i was wondering if some of you have tried to problematically drop a call while it is running , or even have the CM sending a notification (to a 3rg party billing server for example) when a call admission is going on ??

i know that dropping a call after it is started is something that could be done by means of an AXl request (since it is all RTP after a call ia initiated), so is there some work around or a trick to do this ?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's no need for you to initiate the call.. look at the callerinfo sample again.. it monitors a bunch of phones and initiates a popup on the ringing phone with some information about the caller.

So, you just need to monitor the phones on which you want to be informed about calls, and then you do whatever you want with the info that (J)TAPI gives you.. including dropping the calls (I have an application like that.. it's a conferencing solution where a CTI Port drops incoming calls unless somebody has opened the conference first).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

That's all basic CTI and you do it with a CTI interface (so for Cisco either TAPI or JTAPI).

If you download the JTAPI Provider from the plugins page of ccmadmin, it contains a sample called makecall which not only shows how to make a call, but answer it and drop it again.

Likewise the IP Phone Services SDK contains a sample called CallerInfo which shows you how to take some action upon a call coming to a device.

Thank you stephan,

actually , i once tried all of that ,it was not what am looking for .

maybe i wasn't clear in my question , i meant that i wanted to know how to drop a call that i didn't make , call that is done between other two devices , i want to know that a call is started and then be able to drop it programmatically,could this be done ?.

Thanks again,

There's no need for you to initiate the call.. look at the callerinfo sample again.. it monitors a bunch of phones and initiates a popup on the ringing phone with some information about the caller.

So, you just need to monitor the phones on which you want to be informed about calls, and then you do whatever you want with the info that (J)TAPI gives you.. including dropping the calls (I have an application like that.. it's a conferencing solution where a CTI Port drops incoming calls unless somebody has opened the conference first).

Thank you very much stephen , i spent a couple of hours on it an it is working now (i tried it long tome before,i don't know actually what made me stop trying !! ),thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: