How to Sync the Supervisor Engine Configurations

Answered Question
Aug 18th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

I just installed three switches 6513 with 2 Supervisors 720-VG-10 using 12.2(33)SXH2a

I have one doubt. With the following configuration, when the user update both running and startup configurations in the active supervisory, the configurations will be written too to the standby supervisor ??

redundancy

keepalive-enable

mode sso

main-cpu

auto-sync running-config

!

Is there any recomendation to no put the auto-sync standard option ( I think is a hidden command cause when I tried to put I could not receive any help)

Thanks in Advanced,

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

Correct Answer by Edison Ortiz about 8 years 8 months ago

In networking devices running SSO, both supervisor engines must be running the same configuration so that the redundant supervisor engine is always ready to assume control following a fault on the active supervisor engine. SSO switchover also preserves FIB and adjacency entries and can forward Layer 3 traffic after a switchover. Configuration information and data structures are synchronized from the active to the redundant supervisor engine at startup and whenever changes to the active supervisor engine configuration occur. Following an initial synchronization between the two supervisor engines, SSO maintains state information between them, including forwarding information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/nsfsso.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Edison Ortiz Mon, 08/18/2008 - 08:21
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

In networking devices running SSO, both supervisor engines must be running the same configuration so that the redundant supervisor engine is always ready to assume control following a fault on the active supervisor engine. SSO switchover also preserves FIB and adjacency entries and can forward Layer 3 traffic after a switchover. Configuration information and data structures are synchronized from the active to the redundant supervisor engine at startup and whenever changes to the active supervisor engine configuration occur. Following an initial synchronization between the two supervisor engines, SSO maintains state information between them, including forwarding information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/nsfsso.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Actions

This Discussion