Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR Route-map problem

bavingtonm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was hoping for some help setting up route-maps on 3750G-12S switches. The 3750's are using 12.2.(35)SE5 IPBase image.

I have put in the commands:

route-map vlan70 _noproxy permit 10

match ip address 10

set ip default next-hop 10.217.12.1

Then I have gone to SVI vlan configuration mode by entering:

Core_sw1(config)#int vlan 70

and have then typed the command

Core_sw1(config-if)#ip policy route-map vlan7_NoProxy

This command is giving an error by putting an "^" under the "o" in Policy and I have done an "IP ?" on the interface and it does not show policy as an option.

What do I need to put in as a command to achieve the same thing, before I add the access-lists?

Please help, could do without upgrading IOS if possible!

Thanks

Mark

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mark

I have checked the Feature Navigator on the Cisco web site and it shows that Policy Based Routing is not supported in the IPBase image. To get support for PBR you need to be running IP Services or Advcanced IP Services. So it looks like a code upgrade is a requirement.

Also be careful about capitalization. when you configured the route map you called it:

but on the interface you called it:

which is a different name as far as the 3750 is concerned.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

Mark

The IP Services would be a feature upgrade which you need to purchase, as is the Advnaced IP Services. Once you have the correct license then either of them can be down loaded from Cisco.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mark

I have checked the Feature Navigator on the Cisco web site and it shows that Policy Based Routing is not supported in the IPBase image. To get support for PBR you need to be running IP Services or Advcanced IP Services. So it looks like a code upgrade is a requirement.

Also be careful about capitalization. when you configured the route map you called it:

but on the interface you called it:

which is a different name as far as the 3750 is concerned.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick

thanks for the update

Can you tell me if the IP Services image is available to download from Cisco? or do you need to purchase it as with the Advanced IP services image?

Cheers

Mark

Mark

The IP Services would be a feature upgrade which you need to purchase, as is the Advnaced IP Services. Once you have the correct license then either of them can be down loaded from Cisco.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick

Many thanks for the information, I suppose we better upgrade then! More money :0(

Cheers

Mark

Mark

Yes I believe that an upgrade (and more money) are called for.

Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that there were responses that did resolve the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card