cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Ports

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

We are in process of upgrade from Unity 4.x to 5.x 2 seperate servers. I am digital networking the 2 server to move subscribers over. One question I have it the Voicemail Pilot point and Ports. Do I need to create a new Pilot point and ports for the 5.x server? I thought I just needed new VM ports which I created.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

you need to create a vm profile, and it is best to create ports for that profile. then when you decomission the 421 server you can delete the old profile and ports.

seperate vm profile, ports and mwi for each integration of Unity

Randy

So if I understand this correctly. With my current verision of Unity 4.x the voicemail number is 500 in order to move to 5.x we will have to create a new pilot point like 600 and create ports below that. In addition to adding additional MWI for the new Unity Server.

That is the way I did it but you need to also do everything else.

digital networking and so forth

Randy

Hi -

If you are integrating both Unity servers with the same CallManager cluster, you can use the same MWI on and off codes - which makes it easier for troubleshooting.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: