Views
Helpful
Replies

Update UserID via AXL?

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I have a need to change the userID of a large number of users on a CM6.1 system.

Obviously pre-CM5 you couldn't change the userID, but on the linux versions you can.

I've reviewed the AXL API docs, but it doesn't appear to have been updated to include the ability to rename the UserID field.

Is this correct, or is there a way of doing this?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Aaron,

I haven't tried it myself but I guess you can use executeSQLUpdate on the enduser table?

I reckon you should extract all users and use the pkid to update userid

hth

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Aaron,

I haven't tried it myself but I guess you can use executeSQLUpdate on the enduser table?

I reckon you should extract all users and use the pkid to update userid

hth

Update- I was able to do this, submitting a SQL update via AXL.

There's no other native way in the AXL API yet to submit a userID change, I think this is a legacy problem as in CM4.x the UserID couldn't be changed!

I've done this for a couple of customers for large numbers of users, and haven't had any problems - EM and other things related to the user all continued to work so it doesn't break the DB.

The easiest way to do it is to get the axlSqlToolkit from the CallManager Plugins download page. Edit the sample.request to contain lines like this:

Please rate useful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: