cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 ASA

alejandro.cano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have tried to add my ASA's to Cisco Works but havent had nay sucess. I just installed LMS 3.0. Any ideas?

23 Replies 23

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What problems do you see when you add the ASA?

I see the device with a ? and it says unreachable

If the device is unreachable, then there is a problem communicating with it via SNMP. Check DCR to make sure the SNMP credentials are correct, and verify you can perform an SNMP Walk operation from the LMS server to the ASA from Device Center > Tools > SNMP Walk. Use "system" as the starting OID.

This is what I get

Failed to snmpwalk the device. Please check your community string and starting OID, and try again.

I made sur ethe string is correct several times

Then something is blocking SNMP to this device. It could be an intermediate firewall or access-list, or it could be your ASA configuration. Can you post the config from this device?

there is no firewall in the middle

I have this in my snmpconfig

snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkup linkdown coldstart

This isn't sufficient. You will also need to configure a community string, and allow the LMS server to poll this device. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094a13.shtml on configuring SNMP on the ASA.

I added snmp-server host inside lms server IP

and I got this

system

RFC1213-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: "Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Version 8.0(3)6"

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-SMI::ciscoProducts.669

DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (107914000) 12 days, 11:45:40.00

RFC1213-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING: "Production Support at MHQ"

RFC1213-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: "MHQ-ASA-01.brightstarcorp.com"

RFC1213-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING: "Miami Head Quarters"

RFC1213-MIB::sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 0

Good. You should now be able to manage the ASA in LMS.

yes its working, thanks.

Have you ever added a Wireless LAN Controller to LMS?

WLC support was added recently. You need to enable SNMPv1 on the WLC to have it work.

I just did that, but I have one question, when I set the community string, it ask for an IP, which Ip shoudl I use there?

You could add an all 0 address to allow all hosts. Else, just list the IP of the LMS server.

I added the LMS ip address and Ihave enable both SNMP verison 1 and 2 but the device is still withthe ?, if I do an SNMP walk it goes through with no problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco