Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity UM/VM Licenses

hadisharifi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Cisco unity 4 and I am not sure about the licenses. From the Licensing page I see that we have the following:

Cisco Unity Subscriber 150

Cisco Unity Subscriber Feature - Unified Messaging 150

Now my understanding is that we have a total 150 licenses, am I right or do we have 300 licenses?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hadi,

You are licensed for 150 Total :)

"The Subscriber Mailboxes count is how many subscribers (UM or VM) that can be on the box. Unified Messaging Subscribers is how many of those can be UM. Typically the number is either 0 or matches the subscriber mailboxes count like the 150 in your case. It's done this way to accomodate mixing VM and UM licenses on the same server."

From Unity Guru Jeff Lindborg in this thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddd5dec/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, appreciate your response. That is what I was expecting as well.

Hi Rob,

I actually missed the bit that I am confused about. Please note the following, what do you make of it?

Cisco Unity Subscriber

Total number of subscribers (both voice messaging and unified messaging features) Total 150 Used 68 Unused 82

Cisco Unity Subscriber Feature - Unity Inbox

Total number of subscribers allowed the Unity Inbox feature 0 0 0

Cisco Unity Subscriber Feature - Unified Messaging

Total number of subscribers allowed the unified messaging feature Total 150 Used 0 Unused 150

Hi Hadi,

This line;

"Total number of subscribers allowed the unified messaging feature Total 150 Used 0 Unused 150"

Indicates to me that you have licensing to use UM for all 150 Subscribers but the 68 that have been setup so far are using VM only.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

At least half of the 68 used subscriber licenses have UM and I am not sure why it's still showing up as zero.

Thanks

Hadi