cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can not log into my cisco router

alaeldien
Level 1
Level 1

we implement New Cisco 1841 router in our network, recently iam configuring the router as PPPoE client, so i issued the command write erase, and reload unfortunalty my router does not reload to enter the user name and password again, now i can not login into the router, what to do to gain access back to the router

5 Replies 5

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Let me know whether you run this command remotely or using console.

Are you not able to get to the console using Cisco Console Cable & Hyperterminal ??

thank you for your immediate resoponse

1. i run those commands remotly

2. iam not able to get the console using cable and hyperterminal.

please advice

Hi Ala Ahmed,

1. You must "Hyperterminal" to you router by using Consol Cable.

2. If you can, then please post the output.

Thanks

Goutam

let us know whether atleast you are able to go to ROMON mode, after pressing break key.

And hope you are using correct baud rate for console through hyperterminal.

If it is OK ,

then if you have any NM or WIC on this router, try removing this WIC/NM and then see, whether you are getting the console.

Ala Ahmed

If I am understanding the conversation correctly these are the important points:

- you are remote from the router and access it through the vty and not through the console.

- you issued write erase and then reload.

- you can no longer access the router remotely.

If I have not understood something correctly then please clarify it.

The explanation is that write erase removed all IP addresses from the interfaces. With no IP addresses on interfaces there is no remote access.

The solution is that someone must access the router on the console port and enter at least some minimal config with IP addresses on interfaces and passwords on the vty, and enable secret. Then you should be able to access the router remotely and complete the configuration.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: