cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third pary recording apps not working phone to phone after upgrade

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I have a group of users (mix of 7960's and 7961's). I have a primary (Callrex) and a secondary (Cistera) call recording solution in place.

Since I upgraded from CCM 4.1.3 to CUCM 6.1.2, calls placed phone to phone on the 7961's are not being recorded. External calls work fine, and phone to phone calls work fine on the 7960's. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marina.kaminski
Level 1
Level 1

My guess is that with CM6.1 all 7961 phones are using g.722 codec, which is automatically negotiated regardless of the region settings. Disable it by setting "Advertise G.722 Codec" to disabled

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Which specific 6.1(2) release did you put on?

Do you use extension mobility?

How are the Callrex and Cistera products integrated to CUCM? TAPI? Are they just connected to SPAN ports?

Cheers,

Tim

I am running 6.1.1.2000-3

We do not use extension mobility.

They are connected to SPAN ports. As I mentioned, the 7960 users work fine, so I do not think it is a span or network config issue.

Thanks,

marina.kaminski
Level 1
Level 1

My guess is that with CM6.1 all 7961 phones are using g.722 codec, which is automatically negotiated regardless of the region settings. Disable it by setting "Advertise G.722 Codec" to disabled

Marina,

Thank you very much for the response. This was exactly the fix I was looking for. Thanks again.

You are welcome. I just forgot to mention you can disable it system wide in the enterprise parameters or in the phone configuration settings on per phone basis

This will also break on outbound calls if you have an older IOS that does not do G.722

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: