Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 Boot problem

gilbertthor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When i power on the ASA5510, it direct go to the ROMMON. After that i follow the procedure which from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62378.html

i able go to the ASA IOS, but when show version it show the image file is from tftp server after that i copy the new ASA IOS into the ASA5510 and set the boot system disk0:asa804-k8.bin write memory on it and reboot the ASA.

However after reboot,it again go to rommon mode. And i issue BOOT command in rommon, it come out the error message as in attachment.

Pls advise urgently.

Thanks

-Gilbert

11 Replies 11

Hi,

I'm in doubt that image is not on flash...is the name of the image correct?

when you issue the command:

show flash:

what do you see?

Massimiliano.

Hi,

but when i issue DIR in ASA, it got show the file asa803-k8.bin which in disk0:

however i copy another version of ios which is asa804-k8.bin into the ASA5510 and configure the "boot system disk0:asa804-k8.bin

thx

-Gilbert

Hi, you issued boot system disk0:asa804-k8.bin but the image present is asa803-k8.bin.

Write boot system disk0:asa803-k8.bin and then reboot, if you can.

Massimiliano.

Hi,

i had tried it before i copy asa804-k8.bin file into the ASA, but still the same after reboot the firewall it will go to rommon.

-gilbert

Ok.

Load image asa804-k8.bin and use boot system disk0:asa804-k8.bin

Let me know.

Massimiliano.

Hi,

Tried, and the result still the same.

direct go to rommon. In the rommon i type boot disk0:asa804.bin it show out the message which i attach in the 1st reply message.

thanks

-Gilbert

ok.

Try to eliminate the istruction boot system with the no command..and then reboot

Massimiliano.

Hi,

sorry not really get what u means on the next step.

-gilbert

Hi,

Eliminate the boot system instructions:

no boot system disk0:....

and then reboot.

Massimiliano.

hi,

ok i will try it out. but now i can't try on it, will update once i try.

thanks alot for u help

-Gilbert

You're welcome.

Massimiliano.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card