cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing a 1240 AP on other VLAN?

PETER EIJSBERG
Level 1
Level 1

I've set up a 1240 as AP with 2 VLANs, works fine. But our network uses VLAN 200 as management, not VLAN 1. I configured int BVI200 and gave it an IP address, but cannot get any IP connectivity. If I use BVI1, everything works, but on the wrong VLAN. How can I manage my AP on another VLAN?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use BVI1 and configure the switch port which is a trunk for native vlan 200. Give that a shot.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use BVI1 and configure the switch port which is a trunk for native vlan 200. Give that a shot.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Could not find other solution, so that is what I did: change the native vlan to 200. Thanks

datacenter
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem in the network.

I use VTP Prunning in the network, and when configure the native vlan (200) in the interface trunk (Switch for AP), this generated another problem. All the vlans appear in the interface trunk on the switch, but this not is ok, because should appear only in the interface trunk the vlans as configurated on the access interfaces on the switch.

The situation appear because i have change the native vlan (Vlan 1 to vlan 200)on the switch.

What I can do for fix the problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: