Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate Nortel OPT 11C with Cisco CUCM 6.0 using MGCP gateway

sfurqanli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to integrate my clients Nortel opt 11C with CUCM 6.0. I configured mgcp at cisco 2812 router and it is registered with cucm 6.0 successfully.

Then i interfaced my mgcp gateway to Nortel using QSIG E1 signalling. QSIG was configured at Nortel by the client.

Due to availability of only 16 PVDMs at cisco router i configured timeslots 1-16 while timeslost at NOrtel was configured to 1-30 by the client. Below is my router configuration.

controller E1 0/0/1

pri-group timeslots 1-16 service mgcp

interface Serial0/0/1:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

no logging event link-status

isdn switch-type primary-qsig

isdn timer T310 120000

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

no cdp enable

!

Now this mgcp gateway interface is not registering with cucm 6.0. Below is the status of the ISDN

2821-GW#show isdn status Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-net5

%Q.931 is backhauled to CCM MANAGER 0x0003 on DSL 0. Layer 3 output may not apply

ISDN Serial0/0/1:15 interface

******* Network side configuration ******

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-qsig

**** Master side configuration ****

L2 Protocol = Q.921 0x0000 L3 Protocol(s) = CCM MANAGER 0x0003

Layer 1 Status:

SHUTDOWN

Layer 2 Status:

TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask: 0x00000000

Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 1

Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

Is this the issue with TIMESLOT mismatch or something else.

Thanks in Advance.

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I would say it is a cabling problem a Layer 1 is not up and so D channel info re timeslots is even sent. Remove the isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager from the Dial-peer and add the default application servcie commend ? so to force it to use H323 as a drop back when it can not see CCM. This will bring up the Link without CCM and so prove you can connect to the Op11

chriss
Level 1
Level 1

I'm almost positive that a fractional PRI is not supported with MGCP. You would need to use H.323, you would also want the Nortel to be configured with the same amount of timeslots as the Cisco side.

WhetherWhether Fractional is supported is another question however it is configurable- depending on the number of DSP`s you have effects how you maintain the Fractional aspect of the MGCP

If you have installed the number of DSP for the number of channels i.e 8 DSP for 8 Channel then you can keep the CCM-MANAGER CONFIG commend and you do not need to busy out the channels in the CCM Parms however if you have more DSP available then channels then keeping the CCM-MANAGER CONFIG commends will mean CCM will overwrite the gateway config. and if you have enough DSP for the full E1/T1 then the timeslots will show the full amount after the config downward

Its done.

I asked the client to configure PRI to channel 1-15 as B channel and 16th channel as D-channel, while Nortel opts 11C defaults to 31st channel as D-channel. As Cisco gateway defaults to 1-15 b-channel, 16th is D-channel and 17-31 b-channel.

After that my isdn went up, below is the staus:

Now I can call from pots at PBX to IP Phone at CUCM and vice versa. And MGCP is taking care of it.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: