Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax-mail over as5350

fsanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Fax machine -> AS5350 -> SMTP-Server

We've configured fax-mail (mmoip) on AS5300 that was working fine, but the last week we moved an E1 trunk to the AS5350 and the fax-mail did not work fine on this Cisco, we received "Transmission Error" msg at fax machine, and we received not enough 100% of the page yet at attach file, when I check from SMTP-Server.

IOS 12.4(21) IP Plus

What's problem with this case?

3 Replies 3

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Check the bug: CSCdx40306

%FTSP-6-FAX_DISCONNECT: Transmission error on AS5300

Hi jbayuka, this is not the case that I've described in my previous post, I have a AS5350 and a AS5300 both whit fax-mail support configured. In the AS5300 it works fine but in the AS5350 it doesn't work, I've tested with IOS 12.4.10 and IOS 12.4.21 but I still have the problem.

Do you have any idea?

Michael Hanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most common cause of incomplete TIFF files and "transmission errors" in T.37 environments are errors on the PSTN leg. When you moved the E1 trunk over to the 5350 can you confirm that the E1 came up error-free? In other words if this is the same E1 that was working on the 5300, then make sure that the clocking for this E1 is configured on the 5350 the same as it was on the 5300. Any errors on this E1 circuit or any other circuit in the fax path can cause the problem that you are experiencing.

Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: