cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP720-3BXL

sooner600
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that we sold a SUP720-3BXL to and he is running BGP with it. He reports "0:07:20: %EOBC-SP-3-NOEOBCBUF: No EOBC buffer available. Dropping the packet.
00:07:32: %EOBC-SP-3-NOEOBCBUF: No EOBC buffer available. Dropping the packet." and "SP: Delivery Ack could not be sent due to lack of buffers

00:06:57: SP: scp assert failure: dup_pak != NULL: ../const/native/scp_const.c: 1028" error messages.

The error code list says it is related to the Mistral ASIC. I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and knew solution.

Will

7 Replies 7

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

1.Let us know which IOS this SUP is running ?? IF possible you also can check for any bug releated to this error, in this IOS .

2.If you don't find any bug releated to this, try changing the SUP ?

HTH

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sooner ,

I just passed by this Error Yesterday , Did you figured out the reason for this Weired Error Message ?

Regards

M.Tag

There are a couple of bugs related to that error message and subsequent crash .Please attach the output of " show version " , " show mod "

Also let us know if the device ever crashed accompanied by this error message and if any tracebacks are seen in the logs

Dear Swati

Please find attached "show version" & "show module".

As for the Crash issue , Actually what really happens when i connected a Laptop to the 6513 SUP720 Console Port is that i noticed that this Error Message keeps appearing over the Console reepatedly until the SUP Reebots automatically.

I also included within the same File what appears over the Console during the occurenc eof the Problem until the SUP Reboots.

Any Ideas ?

Regards

M.Tag

Hello M,

EOBC (Ethernet out of band channel ) is used for administrative comminication between supervisor and line cards.

As per cisco if this message is not frequent you can ignore it but its occure more frequently you should log a case with cisco for possible

changes in hardware.

you yourself can view errors and drop by running below command

# show eobc or

# remote command switch show eobc

and look for drops if any. Also you should verify for any retransmission of packets occuring frequently.

hope this helps

Regards

Mahesh

Dear Mahesh ,

Actually as i mentioned earlier , The EOBC Error Message did not appear once , When i connected my Laptop to the Console Port during the occurence of the Problem i noticed that this Error Message keeps appearing repeatedly almost every Second until the SUP Rebooted Automatically.

Regards

M.Tag

Reseat the cards and if the error continues open a tac case for possible replacement  if there are no known bugs for this type of error .   Upgrade to a newer IOS version is also another option to rule out bug related issues.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card