cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP720-3BXL

sooner600
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that we sold a SUP720-3BXL to and he is running BGP with it. He reports "0:07:20: %EOBC-SP-3-NOEOBCBUF: No EOBC buffer available. Dropping the packet.
00:07:32: %EOBC-SP-3-NOEOBCBUF: No EOBC buffer available. Dropping the packet." and "SP: Delivery Ack could not be sent due to lack of buffers

00:06:57: SP: scp assert failure: dup_pak != NULL: ../const/native/scp_const.c: 1028" error messages.

The error code list says it is related to the Mistral ASIC. I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and knew solution.

Will

7 Replies 7

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

1.Let us know which IOS this SUP is running ?? IF possible you also can check for any bug releated to this error, in this IOS .

2.If you don't find any bug releated to this, try changing the SUP ?

HTH

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sooner ,

I just passed by this Error Yesterday , Did you figured out the reason for this Weired Error Message ?

Regards

M.Tag

There are a couple of bugs related to that error message and subsequent crash .Please attach the output of " show version " , " show mod "

Also let us know if the device ever crashed accompanied by this error message and if any tracebacks are seen in the logs

Dear Swati

Please find attached "show version" & "show module".

As for the Crash issue , Actually what really happens when i connected a Laptop to the 6513 SUP720 Console Port is that i noticed that this Error Message keeps appearing over the Console reepatedly until the SUP Reebots automatically.

I also included within the same File what appears over the Console during the occurenc eof the Problem until the SUP Reboots.

Any Ideas ?

Regards

M.Tag

Hello M,

EOBC (Ethernet out of band channel ) is used for administrative comminication between supervisor and line cards.

As per cisco if this message is not frequent you can ignore it but its occure more frequently you should log a case with cisco for possible

changes in hardware.

you yourself can view errors and drop by running below command

# show eobc or

# remote command switch show eobc

and look for drops if any. Also you should verify for any retransmission of packets occuring frequently.

hope this helps

Regards

Mahesh

Dear Mahesh ,

Actually as i mentioned earlier , The EOBC Error Message did not appear once , When i connected my Laptop to the Console Port during the occurence of the Problem i noticed that this Error Message keeps appearing repeatedly almost every Second until the SUP Rebooted Automatically.

Regards

M.Tag

Reseat the cards and if the error continues open a tac case for possible replacement  if there are no known bugs for this type of error .   Upgrade to a newer IOS version is also another option to rule out bug related issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card