Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Login Screen

Using LMS 3.0.1. Is there anyway to customize the initial login screen? We would like to put a banner on it similar to what is displayed when logging into a switch. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

N, there is no way to add such content to the login screen. This would be an enhancement request that you should take up with your account team. I can see this being useful to a few customers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

N, there is no way to add such content to the login screen. This would be an enhancement request that you should take up with your account team. I can see this being useful to a few customers.

I see that this reply is about 1 year old now, and LMS is now up to version 3.2.

An example of customers that this would help would be the US Department of Defense. They are required to use a standardized warning banner on all systems.

Even a customized message of the day (MOTD) area would be a great improvement.

-----

Does this answer still apply to LMS 3.2? Is there still no ability to customize the login screen in any manner?

Nothing has changed in LMS with regard to this feature.

an undocumented feature of LMS might help you in this case. I found it while digging in the filesystem of NMSROOT.

make a backup of the following file then open it in a text editor:
NMSROOT\lib\classpath\cscommon.properties
enter the message between the double quotes of the parameter CUSTOM_LOGIN_MESSAGE. It should looks like this:

CUSTOM_LOGIN_MESSAGE="your message for everyone who login to LMS"

Save the file and be careful that you DO NOT CHANGE the file extension!
No reboot required.
Now, everyone that successfully login to LMS gets a pop-up with this message.

conscript
Level 1
Level 1

I think there is a way but I'm not sure how.

http://codethesis.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: