cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 5513 and MSFC card

subharojdahal
Level 1
Level 1

I have 6513 CatOs switch with routing module on it. When I traceroute to one of my server from outside network,I found considerably more time from the IP address a VLAN interface on MSFC. So, I just wanted to see why it taking so much time. Then I installed and configure Netflow analyser on the the swtich but unable to point the spcific interface.

Is there any way to figure out weather the IP interface on MSFC is droping packets, or some any other problems with this interface

please help and let me know for problem explaination

subharose

5 Replies 5

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

1.Hope you must have checked for any errors in "show interface" command.!!!

2.Also do you feel actual data transfer from this interface is also slow ?

3.Also what type of switching this interface is using ? ( Fast switching / CEF )

1. I dont know how much is threshold.

2. Well, Yes, the interface in vlan 12 is connected with a 7200 router from where packet goes to internet cloud. When i traceroute to one of my server from outside, in 7200 router hope, delay is 30 ms but then after the delay is more like 60, and from the destination ( a inside server) even more like 160. But When i trace route the same sever from internal network, it is not more than 1 ms.

3. yes CEF is enabled in the switch.

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Are you doing HSRP on these vlan interfaces?

Also,from where are you doing those traceroutes ( from workstations or routers/switches) ?

yes, we do and i am doing traceroute from PC to one of my sever.

I think it is related to HSRP(not sure though) if you are pinging the HSRP ip address.

Also if you do traceroute from switch/router instead of PC , do you still see high response time?

I have similar issue where i see higher ping response time from workstations but not from the switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco