cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Autoattendant timeout

nrramos
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 5.x which has an Autoattendant configured. Sometimes when I dial the AA, the AA Opening greeting is played immediately, which is what it should be doing ideally. But there are times when the Unity AA opening greetingis heard after 3-4 rings and sometimes it take around 6 rings for the AA to play the opening greeting. I don't see a consistent behavior.

Similar behavior is seen when I press the messages button on the IP Phone.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The first two things I would check are:

- Unity hunt list - are all of your ports included in this hunt?

- How many ports are set for Answer only? The rule of thumb is 75% of ports. Ports configured for MWI, notification, and TRaP only are not included in the hunt list.

It sounds like there are times when your Unity ports are in use and a subsequent port needs to answer. Something to check out anyway.

Ginger

I do have the Unity configured exactly the way you have mentioned. My doubts were on the same line that you had described.

I will try using the Port Status Monitor and try to diagnose the issue

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I recommend you to open the Port Status Monitor while having the problem to see if you have any ports available to answer the call, if yes, perhaps the ports are hanged and you could try resetting them. You can do this from the CCMAdmin webpage one by one or restarting Unity can do this for all the ports at once.

Hey folks,

Nice trouble shooting ideas here from both Ginger and Jorge (two of my faves :) +5 points for each of you for your consistantly great help here!

As always, Thanks!

Rob