cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Redundancy..

rv_viji
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CUCM 6.0 cluster with one first node and another subsequent node, all the IP Phones are registered with First node and working fine. However whenever the First node fails some IP phones are not getting registered with the subsequent node, the IP Phones of 7912G model works fine without any issue... but the IP phone models like 7940, 7960 & 7970 doesn't get registered to the subsequent node...

what could be the problem??

The Dhcp server is properly configured with necessary additional option 150 settings...

All the IP Phones are running latest firmware...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

seems the 1st set of phones is still using DNS for this, since it's not working you might have an issue with name resolution. Since the other set of phones use the IP they don't rely on DNS. how are the servers configured under the CCM?? CCM group? name or IP??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Are they all in the same device pool? A device pool ties a phone to a CCM Group. The CCM Group actually gives the list of CCM's that a phones is capable of registering too. I have a feeling the phoens that aren't registering are in a device pool that has a CCM Group that only contains your publisher. Probably the default Device Pool and default CCM Group.

HTH, please rate useful posts..

Chad

Hi Chad,

All the IP Phones are in the same device pool and the CCM Group contains both the pub & sub and the CCM group is there in the device pool...

Any thing else to be checked up???

rv,

seeings as its all the 7940 - 7960 - 7970 (1st gens) I would try and upgrade my firmware.

Chad

As I mentioned all the IP phones are running the latest firmware...

go to the TFTP service parameters, choose advanced, can't recall the name of the exact parameter (maybe build cnf files) but it's should be the 3rd one bottom up, change it to build all and restart TFTP service.

reset a phone and test again

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi there.

I got exact the same issue here. We have a CCM 6.0 Pub and Sub. When it comes to failover all 7961, 7941, 7965, 7970 and 7975 dont switch to the other (online) node. I am talkin about round about 140 IP-Phones. They even won't come back after the offline ccm is back online.

Only the 7921 Wifi and 7911 seems unaffected to the issue.

The Phones come back after I shut down the ethernet link on the connected switch. It also works if I powercycle the phone via power over ethernet.

Regards, vt

Hi Java,

I have done it, but still the same problem.

I have noticed one thing...

On all the phones of 7940, 7960 & 7960 the settings display as follows.. (i'm talking only about the callmanager settings on the phone itself)

Call manager 1

CCM-PRM

Call manager 2

CCM-SEC

Call manager 3 TFTP

10.221.5.5 Active

Call manager 4

Call manager 5

However on the redundancy working phones (7912), the settings were as..

Call manager 1

10.221.5.5 Active

Call manager 2

10.221.5.7 Standby

Call manager 3

Call manager 4

Any inputs on this...

Regards

Vijay

seems the 1st set of phones is still using DNS for this, since it's not working you might have an issue with name resolution. Since the other set of phones use the IP they don't rely on DNS. how are the servers configured under the CCM?? CCM group? name or IP??

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks, the problem has been solved.

It was DNS related problem only. After I had added the DNS servers in the DHCP scope for the IP Phones the problem has been solved.

Regards

Vijay.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: