cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail and BlackBerry Server

darylpotts
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that is going to purchase a BlackBerry Server and I am wondering if there is anyway to have voicemails or SMS messages sent to a blackberry device without having to goto full blown unity and unified messaging? For some reason I think someone told me that with BlackBerry devices you need to go full flown Unified Messaging but I am up against Avaya and would like to go BE with only 40 users.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the Release Notes for Cisco Unity Mobile Message Access for BlackBerry Release 1.1(1) off cisco.com by searching for "Unity Blackberry."

System Requirements

Revised September 17, 2007

•The Cisco Unity server(s) must be set up and working properly in a Unified Messaging configuration.

•The BlackBerry server and associated BlackBerry devices must be set up and working properly.

•The BlackBerry and Cisco Unity servers must be connected either to the same Exchange organization or to the same Domino domain.

•For Cisco Unity with Exchange 2007 as the message store, BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.13 or later is required.

•To install the Mobile Message Access for BlackBerry plug-in, you must have local administrator rights on the BlackBerry server.

•The BlackBerry server must have at least 2 MB of hard-disk space available for the Mobile Message Access for BlackBerry plug-in.

Looks like you need to be Unified Messaging.

Tray

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the Release Notes for Cisco Unity Mobile Message Access for BlackBerry Release 1.1(1) off cisco.com by searching for "Unity Blackberry."

System Requirements

Revised September 17, 2007

•The Cisco Unity server(s) must be set up and working properly in a Unified Messaging configuration.

•The BlackBerry server and associated BlackBerry devices must be set up and working properly.

•The BlackBerry and Cisco Unity servers must be connected either to the same Exchange organization or to the same Domino domain.

•For Cisco Unity with Exchange 2007 as the message store, BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.13 or later is required.

•To install the Mobile Message Access for BlackBerry plug-in, you must have local administrator rights on the BlackBerry server.

•The BlackBerry server must have at least 2 MB of hard-disk space available for the Mobile Message Access for BlackBerry plug-in.

Looks like you need to be Unified Messaging.

Tray

Thanks

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you just want smtp or SMS notification to your Blackberry then Unity's standard Notification devices can be used. The notifications won't include a wav file copy of the message but it can include a callback number that'll let you quickly dial into Unity from the mobile device. See here for example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/user/guide/assistant/ex/cuugasste100.html#wp1009987

Exactly what I was looking for! I assume that unity connection can not do this if I go BE correct?

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: